Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Drunk...new poem

Intoxicated
A wino filled with emotions that cease to exist when the bottle touches the lips
Warm liquids fill the throat and the equilibrium is thrown off suppressing those feelings that i should be addressing
Intoxicated
My eyes shine with a beautiful gloss shiner than a pearl discover beyond the seas crevices
Your face is a blur and your words enter my ear canal as if the wind mimics your voice sweet and hot like humidity of a summers night
Taking flight are you words above my head because clearly I haven't even soaked in what you've said to me
I'm intoxicated
Walking as if a baby has taken its first steps and yet I fall on the sediments of the concrete jungle and begin to wonder will i ever reach the highest peak of these skies above me
Here you are lending me a hand
I see black for a second
I blink my eyes and cold sweat covers my brow
The taste of bile is on my lips
I look and yet the kaleidescope of colors of each street is before me
Hues of red, yellow, green, blue, and soft whites
Oh how i love the city
My equilibrium returns
I taste liquor on my tongue
I taste sweat on my lips
Heat rises and falls slowly
We walk underground to go our separate ways and walk above soon to see the morning light
What a night to remember

b.poetic

No comments:

Post a Comment